1. The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides expanded and new rights for EU individuals such as the right of ________, sometimes called the “right to be forgotten.”
2. Facebook’s practice of tracking, collecting and storing users’ internet surfing data (even when they are not logged in) is a violation of European privacy law because Facebook did not have user _____.
3. The European Union’s GDPR replaces the _________ of 1995 under which each of the 28 EU member countries operate their own interpretation of this law.
a) Electronic Communications Privacy Act
b) Data Protection Directive
c) Privacy Regulation Proclamation
4. This November, California voters will vote on a ballot measure called the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, which gives Californians certain privacy rights, including:
a) Right to say no to sale of personal information
b) Right to Know What Personal Information is being collected
c) Right to know whether personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom
d) All of the above
1. In a trade war, the involved countries often resort to an increased number of protectionist policies. This causes both nations to move toward a position of _____ or self-sufficiency.
a) Absolute advantage
b) Closed economy
2. Which international organization is now responsible for developing and maintaining the system of international trade rules and dealing with trade disputes?
a) International Monetary Fund
b) World Trade Organization
c) The World Bank
3. What is the name of the ancient network of trade routes that connected the East and West and was established during the Han Dynasty of China?
a) Silk Road
b) East West Corridor
c) Persian Royal Road
4. According to the Office of the United States Trade Representative, trade expansion benefits U.S. families and businesses by:
a) Supporting more jobs in our export sectors
b) Expanding the variety of products available to purchase
c) Encouraging investment and more rapid economic growth
d) All of the above
5. The official name of China’s currency or money is the yuan, which means the people’s currency. The renminbi is a unit of the currency.