Troops in Syria
1. The Middle East is home to the three Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and _______________.
2. In the first five years of the Syrian civil war, which began in 2011, approximately _______________ Syrians were killed, according to the UN Envoy for Syria.
c) 1.1 million
3. Bashar al-Assad has ruled Syria as president since 2000.
4. _________________ is the capital city of Syria and is sometimes called the “Jasmine City.”
5. The majority of Syrians belong to which religious group?
b) Shiite Muslim
c) Sunni Muslim
Food Stamps and Work
1. The SNAP program, commonly called food stamps, was first introduced in what year?
2. SNAP cost the federal government ____________ in 2017, according to the USDA.
a) $22.5 billion
b) $44 billion
c) $68 billion
3. Under current SNAP requirements, able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs) must work or participate in an employment program for at least 20 hours a week to continue to receive benefits for more than ________ over a ____________ period.
a) six weeks/24-month period
b) three months/36-month period
c) four months/48-month period
4. Currently, states may request to waive the time limit in areas with an unemployment rate above 15 percent.
5. Which of these items cannot be purchased with SNAP EBT card?
a) Rotisserie chicken from deli
b) Energy drinks
c) Pet food
d) All of the above