Websites and videos for additional study:
Gun-Free School Zones
- Strategy: Gun-Free School Zones
- Federal Law on Guns in Schools
- Stockman Seeks Repeal of Gun-Free School Zones Law
- Pratt: ‘Gun-free zones are murder magnets’
Photo IDs for Voters
- That Was Quick: Texas Moves Forward With Voter ID Law After Supreme Court Ruling
- It turns out disenfranchising people is unconstitutional
- N.C. sued soon after voter ID bill signed into law
- How does Pa.’s voter’s ID law impact the Amish?
Issue #1 – Gun-Free School Zones
Should Congress pass a law doing away with gun-free school zones?
- Do you think gun-free school zones make students safer or more vulnerable to attack?
- Would you feel safer if an adult at your school was trained to carry a firearm?
- List ways that would help reduce violence on school campuses.
Issue #2 – Photo IDs for Voters
Should voters be required to present a photo ID at the polls?
- Do you think a photo ID requirement would keep people from voting? If so, what would you do about that?
- Should the federal government help less capable citizens acquire photo ID documents?
- Do you think voters should have to prove they are U.S. citizens?
Results of last issue’s poll
Should Congress do more to stop Russian aggression against Ukraine?
Should the American Gray Wolf be removed from the Endangered Species List?