Student Loan Debt Reform White House goo.gl/mGn0Za
Student Loan Bill Tracker goo.gl/1pTD05
Congressional Budget Office Report goo.gl/4ycDYM
Moveon.org Petition goo.gl/ULnS4m
Forbes Where 2016 Presidential Candidates Stand goo.gl/EpzyB6
Boots on Ground in Syria USA Today Article goo.gl/Vz1G5J
Vice News Article goo.gl/1tBPlm
CNN Article goo.gl/5ZeW3Y
Brookings Institution Article goo.gl/PT7ZhR
Critical Thinking Questions:
Student Loan Debt Reform
- Why is student loan debt such a major problem now when it didn’t used to be decades ago?
- What factors led to this crisis?
- Is a college degree worth the money today?
- Why are college tuition amounts increasing so quickly?
- Is legislation like the Student Loan Borrowers’ Bill of Rights Act, introduced by Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-FL), a good idea?
Boots on the Ground in Syria
- What is a “proxy war” and how does the term apply to the Syria situation?
- How do the recent bombings in Paris, France, change the stakes in the ISIS situation?
- What factors make putting boots on the ground in Syria a complex decision?
- Did President Obama make the right decision to send troops to Syria?
- What else could he have done?